The statement below expresses California Christian College’s moral and ethical principles. Each student, faculty member and staff member will be required to sign this statement on an annual basis.
- As a Christian believing the Bible to be the plenarily and verbally inspired Word of God, and believing it to be infallible and inerrant, I accept it as the final authority in all matters of faith and life.
- The Bible teaches godliness of life and holiness of character as the standard of life for every Christian. This is the principle for life and conduct held by California Christian College for its administration, staff, faculty and student body.
- Godliness of life and holiness of character involve separation unto God so that one’s life reflects the character, grace, and goodness of God (1 Corinthians 1:31; Colossians 3:17, 23). It involves separation from the world system of living so that one’s life is a distinct witness of the redeeming grace of God, to the end that lost men will come to glorify God (Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:12).
- From this perspective, questionable forms and/or places of amusement are not acceptable for faculty, staff, or administration of California Christian College. In keeping with New Testament principles of conduct, faculty, staff and administration of California Christian College must abstain from drinking intoxicants, substance abuse, smoking and other forms of tobacco use, gambling in any form, dancing, sexual immorality and any other activity which will bring reproach upon the Name of Christ and His Church. New Testament principles of Christian honesty, formality, courtesy and kindness are to be practiced by all California Christian College faculty, staff and administration. Any breach of academic honesty, overt plagiarism, lying, stealing, or any other form of dishonesty will result in disciplinary action. Any violation of local, state or federal statutes will result in dismissal and a report will be made to the appropriate authorities.
- Human SexualityDivorce and Remarriage
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. Faculty or students found to be in violation of or promoting any of the above sex offenses will have their relationship with CCC terminated. Any report of immorality between school sessions may result in failure for readmission. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5,13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1:26-29; I Cor. 6:9; I Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4).
- We believe that pornography is defined as any material including photos, drawings, posters, magazines, movies, video games, or items on the internet that display males or females in sexually stimulating positions. This would include nude photos, swimsuit photos, cartoons, hard or soft porn photos, etc.
- We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; I Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23).
- We believe that men and women are spiritually equal in position before God but that God has ordained distinct and separate spiritual functions for men and women in the home and in the church. The husband is to be the leader of the home and men are to be the leaders (pastors and deacons) of the church. Accordingly, only men are eligible for licensure and ordination by the church (Gal. 3:28; Col. 3:18; I Tim. 2:8-15, 3:4-5, 12).
We believe that God hates divorce and intends marriage to last until one spouse dies. Divorce and remarriage is regarded as adultery except on the grounds of fornication. Although divorced and remarried persons or divorced persons may hold positions of service in the church and be greatly used of God for Christian service, they may not be considered for the offices of pastor or deacon (Mal. 2:14-17; Matt. 19:3-12; Rom. 7:1-3; I Tim. 3:2, 12; Titus 1:6).
We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies due to rape, incest, birth defects, gender selection, birth or population control, or the mental well being of the mother are acceptable (Job 3:16; Psalms 51:5, 139:14-16; Isa. 44:24, 49:1,5; Jer. 1:5, 20:15-18; Luke 1:44).
We believe that God has given the Church a great commission to proclaim the Gospel to all nations so that there might be a great multitude from every nation, tribe, ethnic group, and language group who believe the Lord Jesus Christ. As ambassadors of Christ we must use all available means to go to the foreign nations and not wait for them to come to us (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; II Cor. 5:20).
- Lawsuits Between Believers
We believe that Christians are prohibited from bringing civil lawsuits against other Christians or the church to resolve personal disputes. We believe the church to possess all the resources necessary to resolve personal disputes between members. We do believe, however, that a Christian may seek compensation for injuries from another Christian’s insurance company as long as the claim is pursued without malice or slander (I Cor. 6:1-8; Eph. 4:31-32).
- Positive holy living and its value will be emphasized at all times.