Youth Ministry Emphasis with AA or BA degree program
The Youth Ministry Emphasis provides students specialized, age-specific training as part of their degree programs. It is designed primarily for those already involved in youth ministry or those sensing God’s call to serve young people. Students can fulfill the requirements for the Youth Ministry Emphasis by completing a minimum of twelve specific units as part of their Associate or Bachelor degree program.
Program Objectives: In addition to the outcomes for their specific degree program, students who complete the emphasis in Youth Ministry should also be able to:
- Delineate a philosophy of ministry appropriate for the contemporary youth culture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of today’s youths and youth culture.
- Explain the various influences that impact the thinking and behavior of young people.
- Describe the recognized developmental stages through which young people pass on their way to adulthood.
- Formulate a strategy for developing a youth ministry in a church or para-church
- Display competence in performing the various tasks required of those in youth ministry.
Requirements for completion of the Youth Ministry Emphasis
|Required Courses||Course Name||Units|
|Contemporary Youth Culture, or Cultural Influences on Youth Ministry||
|Thinking Theologically in Youth Ministry||
|Youth Ministry Internship||
Total Units for Youth Ministry Emphasis 12