Applications for admission are accepted until the last working day before the first day of scheduled classes. (See current calendar for specific date). Students must complete the application process and be admitted to the college prior to end of the 5th working day after classes begin in order to enroll in the current semester. Notification of admission to the college is done for each applicant on an individual basis. Notification of acceptance will be sent as soon as all necessary documents are on file.
Transfer Credit Limit
Students should understand that, under California Educational Code CCR 71850, no more than 75% of the units of credit that may be applied toward the award of an associate or bachelor’s degree may be derived from a combination of units earned at other institutions. The maximum transfer of units that may be applied toward an AA degree at California Christian College is 48 and 96 toward a BA degree.
Admission Standards (Freshman and Transfer Students)
A student attending California Christian College is pursuing a degree with a thoroughly Christian educational focus. As such a high standard of commitment and character is expected of CCC students. The entrance requirements define this standard.
- Students have a living and vital faith in Jesus Christ. This is demonstrated by a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Students have a high standard of moral and ethical behavior that is in concert with general principles of Christian behavior (specified in the moral/ethical behavior document and verified through recommendations).
- The student has a high school or college GPA of 2.00 or better.
- The student has a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
(Note: Non-English transcripts must have an approved English translation submitted with them)
- International students applying to the Fresno program have a TOEFL score of 500 on the exam.
For students coming directly from high school or students with less than 32 transferable units:
- Test scores: SAT 1 with a combined score of 700 or an ACT score of 14 OR
- A satisfactory personal interview with an admissions counselor.
Acceptance to the college as a freshman or transfer student is based on the above criteria. The Admissions Committee will evaluate students who do not qualify for regular admission on an individual basis. A student who was disqualified at another college or university needs to contact the Admissions Office for instructions on applying to California Christian College. For students with special or unique circumstances, contact the Admissions Office for details.
Re-Admission requirements: Contact the Admissions Office for details.
Applying to California Christian College
- Complete the Application. Return the Application to California Christian College Admissions Office, 5364 E. Belmont Ave., Fresno, CA, 93727. You may contact CCC by phone at 559-251-4215 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply online at www.calchristiancollege.edu and click on the online application button.
- Enclose your $40.00 non-refundable application fee ($50.00 non-refundable for international students).
- Submit the name and contact information for your pastor and another reference (ie: a church official, educator, or business associate). We will send the reference form directly to them to complete and return to the CCC Admissions Office.
- Have your official high school transcript and all official college transcripts sent to the CCC Admissions Office. If you completed a high school equivalency, have an official copy sent to the CCC Admissions Office.
- Have your ACT or SAT 1 scores sent to the CCC Admissions Office, or call for a personal interview.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). California Residents: you should complete the FAFSA and GPA verification form. These forms must be postmarked no earlier than January 1st and no later than March 2nd. If you are not applying for Cal-Grant, you may submit your FAFSA anytime after January 1st for the following school year. Contact your school or CCC Admissions Office if you have questions. California Christian College FAFSA Code: 014128