California Christian College
Procedures for International Students
International students need good English skills in order to be successful in undergraduate studies. It is recommended that
students have solid English skills prior to coming to California Christian College. A student whose first language is not English must take the TOEFL in order to gain admittance to CCC. This requirement is necessary because English as a Second Language courses are not offered. The minimum TOEFL score of 79 out of 120 on the computer-based test is required as part of the admissions criteria. Students with less than 79 on his/her TOEFL will not be admitted.
Requirements for Admission of International Students Entering California Christian College
- Submit an application with a $50.00 non-refundable application fee.
- A statement detailing your salvation experience attached to application.
- High school or secondary school diploma, GED certificate or equivalent.
- High school or secondary school transcripts or copy of satisfactory score on the GED or comparable test.
- Transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended (If transcript is not in English see section onobtaining transcript verification).
- Official TOEFL score of 79 out of 120 on the computer based test. (Only required if English is not primarylanguage.)
- A one-page essay describing your salvation experience, why you wish to attend CCC and how CCC will helpyou meet your goals (included with the application).
- Completed recommendation form from your Pastor.
- Completed recommendation form from an employer, educator or other church official.
- A current photograph of student (within the last 6 months).
- Valid government identification indicating student is at least 18 years old.
- Affidavit of support (documented proof of ability to pay).
- Other documentation deemed necessary by United States Immigration department or the national embassy ofstudent’s origin.
- While not an admission requirement, students must pay an advance on tuition and fees (and room and boardif student plans to live on campus) prior to the school issuing an I–20. See Special instructions section below.
In addition, international students must have health insurance coverage through an insurance provider that offers insurance to international students.
Special Instruction for International Students
Once an international student has been admitted to California Christian College, he or she will need to obtain an F-1 student visa to enter the United States. California Christian College is not an agent that issues Visas but the school will issue an I-20 to the student once the student is admitted and has made a deposit on his or her account of no less than the estimated total tuition and fees for the first year. CCC verifies student enrollment with duly authorized officials of the Federal, State and Local governments of the United States of America. Once California Christian College issues the student an I-20, CCC is not responsible for that student financially, legally or otherwise. All applications made toward a student’s Visa/Immigrant status are each student’s personal responsibility.
Filing Deadline for undergraduate international applicants
International students are encouraged to submit all application materials listed above at least four months prior to the first semester of enrollment at California Christian College. Acceptance will be determined after the Admissions Office has received all necessary application documents.
Transcript Verification and TOEFL Registration Information
International students applying whose transcripts are in a language other than English can contact the following companies and have the transcripts translated for a fee that the student is responsible to pay. Also, students needing to take the TOEFL can contact TOEFL at the address listed below.
Foreign Transcript Evaluation American Education Research Corporation
P.O. Box 996
West Covina, CA 91793-0996 Phone: (602) 339-4404
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08521-6151 Internet address: www.toefl.org.
International Education Research Foundation, Inc (IERF)
PO Box 66940
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Phone: (310) 390-6276